Whether you’re part of a chain, a small quaint hotel with minimal extras in your rooms or a large 5* luxurious country manor one thing is for sure, your guests want a clean room.
No guest wants to find mould in the bathroom or grubby taps and sinks. Nobody wants to find yellowing net curtains or mirrors painted with hand prints.
Make sure your housekeeping team are on top of it and working efficiently, you don’t want angry guests waiting for their room that has yet to be cleaned past their agreed check in time.
- Think about our last blog post and try keep your sprays and other cleaning products as environmentally friendly as possible.
- If something doesn’t look dirty, clean it anyway. You don’t know what sort of guest will be staying in this room next, they could have a keen eye for dust and finger prints. And yes, some guests can cause a scene and complain about these tiny things.
- Get the bathroom cleaning products working! Leave them sit on the sink/toilet/tiles for a few minutes while you make up the beds or take out bins, this will give the products time to do what they’re supposed to do. When everything else has been done, go back and wash it off. This saves you time on scrubbing away for ages!
- Simple things like making sure room menus don’t have stains on them from food or drinks, making sure there’s equal amounts of tea and coffee (if you offer these in your rooms), ensuring there’s enough toilet roll in bathrooms, checking walls and windows as well as mirrors for hand prints or scuff marks.
- Make sure there’s nothing left in wardrobes or cabinets! Your guests don’t want to be greeted by the last occupants underwear.
Using the housekeeping tool within iHotelligence, your staff can carry a tablet or phone around whilst cleaning and tick off what needs to be done. They can then mark the room as cleaned/unfinished etc and in real time it will upload this information to your front desk automatically. There’s no need for clip boards and paper checklists, no need for calling reception or reservations to let them know the room has been cleaned. It’s easily done from wherever your cleaners are in the building. Now your reservations and front of house teams know this room is ready to go!